Working with Cosley Zoo is a great way to earn scout badge requirements.
Cosley Zoo offers one-of-a-kind live animal programs that help scouts of all ages meet their badge requirements.
Bring your scouts to Cosley Zoo to work on their badge requirements! Each program involves live animal interactions and meets all requirements for the corresponding badge or patch, unless otherwise noted. Badges are not included.
Audience: Scouts of any age
Participants: Maximum of 30 scouts/program
Length: Most programs are 60 minutes, unless otherwise noted.
Location: Most programs take place in a second-story, climate-controlled classroom accessible only by stairs. Some programs take place entirely outdoors and are only offered April-October. See program descriptions for details.
Fee: $9/participant (a minimum of 8 participants per program or $72); One adult for every five children is free, additional adults are $10 each. Programs outside the hours of 9A-4P (November-March) and 9A-5P (April-October) may incur additional fees.
Audience: Scouts of any age
Participants: Maximum of 30 scouts or logins/program
- Leader packet containing background information, activity instructions, and supply list. This packet will provide everything you need to facilitate badge activities either in person or virtually. Supplies will be common craft/household supplies.
- Twenty-minute virtual live program with a Cosley Zoo educator and live animals corresponding to the topic you have chosen. Scouts will see animals up close, learn animal facts, and have time to ask questions. Scouts may log in from one device as a troop if you are meeting in person, or from their individual households.
Fee: $125/program. Programs beginning outside the hours of 9A-5P may incur additional fees.
Looking to meet requirements for something not listed? Let us know. We can customize a program for you!
A minimum two-week advance notice is required for scheduling a program. Earlier registration is strongly recommended. Scheduling is on a first-come, first-served basis. Programs may be scheduled seven days a week.
When making your group reservation, please have the following information available:
- Group contact information
- Type of program you would like to reserve
- Date(s) of program. Please have an alternate date in case your first choice is not available.
- Time(s) of program
- Number of individuals (children and adults)
- Age/grade of participants
- Any special needs or accommodations
- The program topic you would like for your group
For more information or to make reservations, please call 630.665.5534 or e-mail email@example.com. Once you have made your reservation, confirmation material will be sent to you. Review it carefully and verify that all the information is correct. Call us as soon as possible with any corrections or changes to your reservation.
Payment & Cancellation
Payment is due two weeks prior to your program date. To pay by credit card (Visa, Discover, or MasterCard) please call 630.665.5534. Please make checks payable to Cosley Zoo and mail to Cosley Zoo, 1356 N. Gary Ave., Wheaton, IL 60187, Attn: Education.
Final headcount (children and adults) must be provided two weeks prior to your program. Refunds for on-site programs will not be given for a decrease in group size made less than two weeks before your scheduled program. Due to capacity limits, an increase in the number of participants may not be able to be accommodated. It is not recommended that siblings attend the program. Any siblings ages three and over need to be included in the final participant count and will be charged the program fee.
Cancellations made with at least a two-week notice will receive a full refund less a $20 processing fee. Cancellations made between two weeks and 24 hours prior to the program will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to the program will not receive a refund.
In-person programs are held rain or shine. Refunds will not be given for weather-related cancellations. In the case of extreme weather, where participant safety is a concern, staff will work with you to schedule another date. If your group is unable to reschedule, the normal cancellation policy applies.