Facility Master Plan
A New Cosley Zoo
Cosley Zoo and The Cosley Foundation are delighted to announce the launch of our new Facility Master Plan – a plan that will allow the zoo to teach, inspire, advocate, and interact with the community in new ways, all while preserving the best that Cosley has to offer.
The Master Plan envisions new, immersive exhibits, more enjoyable experiences for visitors with greater emphasis on the zoo’s conservation and animal welfare initiatives – ultimately, making Cosley Zoo the most popular and successful attraction in DuPage County and increasing its reach in the region.
Armed with this bold new vision, the zoo will fulfill its highest purpose: to create connections between people and animals that will inspire lifelong conservation of the natural world.
Various signs are posted throughout the zoo to highlight individual plan features. This project will be funded through a combination of individual, corporate, and foundation support.
What’s in the plan?
- Animal Welcome Center – completed in 2017
- Barn Learning Center Renovation
- Increased parking by 300% and improved traffic flow
- New entry complex with enhanced visitor services and gathering space
- Rivers Exhibit featuring underwater viewing of otters and beavers
- Wilds of Illinois including bears, wolves, and cougars
- The Forests of Illinois Biome, transporting guests to the treetops
- Discovery Center, for interactive hands-on learning